Make your own healthy ice cream with only 3 ingredients and without an ice cream maker? Yes, there is even a word for this type of ice cream: nicecream .
Nicecream has only become very popular in recent years, although it has actually been around for a long time. It is a delicious creamy ice cream, but without sugar and cream. A healthy alternative!
The secret to this healthy ice cream? Bananas! You put them in the freezer for a few hours and then you mix banana pieces with some almond milk. The milk makes the banana wonderfully creamy and gives it the same texture as ice cream. So nothing else comes into play.
And believe me: you won't taste the difference with 'real' ice cream. Both big and small enjoy it! :-)
But first this... I've bundled our most popular matcha recipes in a handy recipe book. Totally free. Click here and immediately receive your Matcha Recipe Book with 17 delicious recipes .
(for 1 portion)
- 2 ripe bananas (frozen and chopped.)
- 2 level teaspoons of matcha
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk or almond milk
- Optional: some coconut flakes to finish it off.
How are you?
- Remove the skin from 2 ripe bananas and cut them into pieces. Place the bananas in the freezer for at least 6 hours (in a sealed container.)
- Add the bananas, matcha powder and coconut milk to the blender.
- Mix it all.
- Turn off the blender and stir well. Pieces sometimes stick to the sides, scrape them off well.
- Start mixing again.
- Pause again and repeat step 4.
- Mix a third time until it has become a creamy mass.
- Scoop balls and finish with some coconut flakes or possibly fresh fruit.
A little tip: after blending you can possibly put the ice cream back in the freezer so that it is well frozen.
Tips for the perfect nicecream:
- Do you have ripe bananas? Don't throw them away but put them in the freezer (first remove the skin and cut it into pieces.) If you don't remove the skin, it will be impossible to peel them, because they become extremely hard.
- Always choose ripe bananas, which are wonderfully soft and sweet.
- Animal milk contains a lot of saturated fatty acids. For a healthy variant, it is therefore best to opt for plant-based milk such as coconut or almond milk.
- You need a powerful blender to mix the ice cream nice and smooth.
- This recipe is super healthy, but you can also make it a little less healthy. For example, you can add chocolate or peanut butter.
- Blending is best done in 3 phases, then you get the best texture.
It's kind to your waistline and incredibly tasty. Ideal for processing overripe bananas that you would normally throw away. No more waste!
Curious about more delicious matcha recipes? Click here and download your FREE Matcha Recipe Book with 17 delicious recipes now .
Ceremonial Matcha Tea ORGANIC
The perfect start of your day. Our special Ceremonial Matcha is made from the youngest tea leaves, organically grown by small, independent farmers on the shady hills of Kagoshima, Japan. Use it daily for more energy, better concentration and mental peace.
- Op voorraad, morgen in huis
- Gratis verzending vanaf €59
- Zuivere matcha uit Japan
- Klanten geven ons een 4,8 op 5