A smoothie is a source of vitamins and it is the ideal way to get fruit, vegetables and moisture. Especially if you don't like to eat vegetables or fruit!
But do you know what else it's good for?
A smoothie can also serve perfectly as a detox juice to give your body a thorough cleanse. After the holidays or after a period full of tasty but unhealthy food, such a juice is ideal.
That's why today I'm sharing this delicious matcha detox smoothie with kiwi, lime and avocado. The ideal start to a healthy and productive day!
But first this... I've bundled our most popular matcha recipes in a handy recipe book. Totally free. Click here and immediately receive your Matcha Recipe Book full of delicious recipes .
What do you need for this matcha detox smoothie?
You don't need much, which is also a big plus.
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 2 kiwis
- +- 150 ml cold water
- 1 teaspoon matcha , I used the Lemon & Ginger Matcha for an extra fresh taste
- Optional: some chia seeds or pumpkin seeds for a bite
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the stone. Break it into pieces and add to the mixer.
- Squeeze the lime and add the juice to the mixer as well.
- Cut kiwi into pieces and add them to the mixture together with the matcha powder.
- Just mix!
- After mixing, add the water and mix again. The amount of water depends on the thickness you want.
- Optional: after mixing you can stir some chia seeds or pumpkin seeds into your smoothie for a bite. That way you will also chew on your smoothie, which is much better for your digestion.
This green smoothie is super healthy, tasty and quick to prepare. Ideal if you don't have much time in the morning. Enjoy!