Are salads boring? No, that depends entirely on the composition. A leaf of lettuce and one tomato doesn't exactly make me happy either. :-)
Therefore, experiment with flavours, textures, colors and scents. This time I went for a salad with bacon, matcha and fresh potato chips. You can immediately pimp a salad with the crispy bacon and crispy chips.
What do you need for this salad?
For the salad :
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 heads of little gem salad
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1 potato
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tsp matcha salt (mix matcha with salt)
- Spring onion
- Optional: parmesan
For the matcha yogurt dressing with lime and honey
- 100 grams of yogurt
- A splash of honey
- 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon of matcha
Read below the photo how to make this delicious salad.
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees.
- We first make the matcha chips. To do this, cut a potato into very thin slices. You can also use a mandolin.
- Pat the slices dry with kitchen paper and then stir them through the olive oil and matcha salt. (Mix olive oil, matcha and salt in a jar). The slices should be really soaked so they don't stick later.
- Then you let them bake nicely brown in the oven for 2 hours. After an hour you can turn them over, so that they also get a nice color on the other side.
- Remove them from the oven after the 2 hours and let them dry for another 10 minutes so that they become extra crispy.
- Take a pan and fry the bacon in butter.
- Meanwhile, we make the yoghurt dressing by mixing the matcha, yoghurt, lime and honey.
- Place the lettuce leaves in a plate. Then add pieces of avocado, spring onion, egg, bacon and the chips. Finish with some yoghurt dressing.
- Optional: cheese lovers can add some parmesan.
Discover even more surprising matcha recipes in our free recipe book. Click here and immediately receive your Matcha Recipe Book full of delicious recipes .
Ceremonial Matcha Tea ORGANIC
The perfect start of your day. Our special Ceremonial Matcha is made from the youngest tea leaves, organically grown by small, independent farmers on the shady hills of Kagoshima, Japan. Use it daily for more energy, better concentration and mental peace.
- Op voorraad, dinsdag in huis
- Gratis verzending vanaf €59
- Zuivere matcha uit Japan
- Klanten geven ons een 4,8 op 5