In England, scones are an absolute classic. These sweet pastries are often eaten for breakfast and are also indispensable during the 'high tea'.
There they are traditionally served with 'clotted cream' or jam. But they are also delicious with some fresh butter or a layer of melted chocolate.
Are you looking for an easy recipe to make your own matchascones? Then read on.
The ingredients for these matchascones
(for about 6 scones)
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 250 grams of flour
- 2 tablespoons of matcha powder
- 40 grams of powdered sugar
- 60 grams of butter
- 50 grams of raisins
- Half an egg + 1 egg yolk
- 100 ml of cream
- 2 tablespoons of applesauce
- A pinch of salt
Preparation: this is how you make the scones
- First preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, matcha powder, a pinch of salt and icing sugar into a large bowl. Mix the batter.
- Add the butter in cubes.
- Knead until you have a crumbly dough and then add the raisins.
- In another bowl, mix half the egg, cream and applesauce and add this mixture to the dough. Knead again until smooth.
- Sprinkle your work surface or table with some flour and roll out the dough until it is about 3 to 4 cm thick.
- Take a round shape (with a diameter of about 6 cm) and use it to cut circles out of the dough. Place these circles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure you leave enough space between these circles of dough.
- Brush the top of the dough with the egg yolk.
- Bake for 14 to 17 minutes and let cool on a wire rack.
It is best to heat them up for another five minutes at 160 degrees before serving.
They taste best with some homemade jam or fresh butter.
Are you also a fan of this English specialty? Enjoy!
Ceremonial Matcha Tea ORGANIC
The perfect start of your day. Our special Ceremonial Matcha is made from the youngest tea leaves, organically grown by small, independent farmers on the shady hills of Kagoshima, Japan. Use it daily for more energy, better concentration and mental peace.
- Op voorraad, morgen in huis
- Gratis verzending vanaf €59
- Zuivere matcha uit Japan
- Klanten geven ons een 4,8 op 5