You've probably seen these colorful drinks popping up in different cities. Bubble tea (or bobba) is a real trend in Japan, but this hit has also spread to our country. Many young people love the sweet taste.
Such a bubble tea is often a combination of tea, milk, syrup and tapioca balls, with the structure of gummy bears. Nowadays, those tapioca balls are often replaced by balls with syrup, which 'pop' when you bite on them.
I wanted to try this trend and made my own matcha bubble tea at home. :-)
The ingredients (for 1 large cup)
- First mix the matcha powder with the warm water. Use the bamboo beater for this, so that you no longer have any kibble.
- Add the matcha tea, honey, almond milk and ice cubes to the mixer and mix until well combined.
- Boil the tapioca pearls.
- Pour the mixture over the pearls in a tall glass.
See this: your matcha bubble tea is ready!
You can also vary with other flavors such as fruit syrup, etc.
Do know that the bubble tea they sell in those typical tea bars are real sugar bombs. :-) The recipe of this bubble tea is not very sweet.
Ceremonial Matcha Tea ORGANIC
The perfect start of your day. Our special Ceremonial Matcha is made from the youngest tea leaves, organically grown by small, independent farmers on the shady hills of Kagoshima, Japan. Use it daily for more energy, better concentration and mental peace.
- Op voorraad, morgen in huis
- Gratis verzending vanaf €59
- Zuivere matcha uit Japan
- Klanten geven ons een 4,8 op 5